|TITLES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED AFTER 3:30 P.M.|
- Autauga County Residents - provide one of the following items:
- Renewal notice,
- Previous year’s tag registration
- Tag number
- New Autauga County Residents - provide proof of residency for Autauga County and one of the following items:
- Renewal notice from the previous Alabama Count
- Title of the vehicle for which registration is needed
- To register a new or used vehicle purchased from a licensed dealer in the State of Alabama, the following is required:
- Title application and itemized bill of sale showing sales tax break down
- To Register a vehicle purchased from a licensed dealer from another State, the applicant must present the following:
- The car manufacturer’s certificate origin (if the vehicle is new).
- The original title (if the vehicle is used).
- Itemized bill of sale, name(s) of the individual(s) to whom the vehicle is being registered, and the vehicle itself for inspection
- Vehicles with a lien require the following:
- Copy of original title, lien holders complete names and mailing addresses, and the loan account number and loan date.
- To register vehicle prior to and through 1974, the following items are required:
- A bill of sale, including date of sale, price, vehicle identification number and the previous owner’s signature. Current registration from the previous owner is helpful, though not required.
- To register a vehicle with a gross weight of 55,000 lbs., or more:
- A completed Schedule 2290 form (obtainable from the Internal Revenue Service) must be presented at the Probate Department.
- There are many special tags that may be purchased through the Probate Office. These tags can be viewed on the state website at http://www.revenue.alabama.gov/. For precise fees and requirements, contact the Probate Office at 334-361-3725.