Declaration of Legitimation
Filing Fee: $25.00
Birth Certificate fee: $20.00
A legitimation may be petitioned for by the natural, or biological father of a child for the purpose of recognizing the child as his own. The natural or biological mother of the child must consent to the legitimation.
Forms are provided in the Probate Court Office.
- The Father of the Minor must be a legal resident of Autauga County.
- The Petitioner must present a certified copy of the childís birth certificate. Certified copies may be obtained from the Autauga County Health Department at 334-361-3743 or the Center of Health Statistics at 334-206-5418.
- The Petitioner(s) must present picture identification, i.e., driverís license or military identification. The Petitionerís signature will be notarized in the Probate Court Office.
- There must be NO father listed on the birth certificate.
- Legitimations are processed by appointments only. Please call 334-361-3728 for an appointment.
Specific requirements vary from county to county. The requirements of Autauga County Probate Judge Alfred Q. Booth are listed above.